Contingency Plan In Place For Golden Easter Egg
SATURDAY night’s Golden Easter Egg program at Wentworth Park will be moved to Sunday if the relentless weather Sydney is experiencing continues.
18 March 2021
SATURDAY night’s Golden Easter Egg program at Wentworth Park will be moved to Sunday evening if the relentless weather Sydney is experiencing continues.
NSW GBOTA General Manager Steve Noyce told the Greyhound Recorder that discussions are ongoing between his Association, GRNSW and GWIC.
“We are monitoring the situation closely,” Noyce said.
“At the moment the contingency is to move the meeting to Sunday if we are forced to do so.
“The most important thing is to ensure participants are kept up to speed and any decisions made are in the best interests of trainers and their greyhounds welfare.”
The big wet Sydney is experiencing has placed Saturday’s Golden Slipper meeting at Rosehill in doubt also.
Wentworth Park managed to stage an 11-race card on Wednesday night amid horrible weather conditions with stewards inspecting the track consistently between races.
Up to 80mm of rain is forecast for Friday and a further 100mm for Saturday in the Sydney region.
On Friday afternoon a track inspection took place with officials happy with the state of the surface.
Saturday night’s meeting is to go ahead as scheduled with the weather and ongoing condition of the track to be monitored closely.